There is a huge range of different types of bars, each with a unique feature and function. Here we will run through the key points that make them unique and help you understand what type of bar you need for certain exercises.
Straight/Olympic Barbell: This class of barbell is pretty straight forward, as a straight barbell commonly used for deadlifts, squats, bench press and many more forms of exercise.
- 700lb Barbell: This Barbell is a 7ft barbell weighing 20kg, it is perfect for all your general purpose weight lifting. With a 700lb weight limit this bar can handle your everyday workout. With a ball bearing design this bar is not made for dropping.
- 2000lb Barbell: This Barbell is a 7ft barbell weighing 20kg, it is a step above the 700lb barbell, with a massive 2000lb weight limit, and needle bearing that spin with ease and are made to be able to handle drops. This bar will handle anything you throw at it.
- Ladies Barbell: This barbell is 6.8ft, and weighs 15kg. Ladies barbells also offer a smaller grip diameter compared to the other Olympic barbells, with a 25mm diameter compared to 28mm. This bar boasts a 1500lb weight limit with needle bearings making it the Ladies bar equivalent of the 2000lb barbell allowing for dropping.
- 6ft Barbell: This 6ft Barbell weighing 15kg, is a more compact version of the full size Olympic barbell. with a 700lb weight rating this bar is made for general purpose usage, and as such is not made for dropping.
- 5ft Barbell: This 5ft Barbell weighing 12.5kg is a nice compact Olympic size barbell to help suit the available space or the user. With a 700lb weight rating this bar is made for general purpose usage, and as such is not made for dropping.
Hex Trap Bar: A Hex Trap Bar is perfect for building and strengthening the trapezius muscle, otherwise known as the 'trap' muscle. Its unique hex design allows for easy performance of shrugs, putting you in the ideal position to maximize muscle gains.
Swiss Bar: This bar is made to Increase your lifting versatility and strength. Its unique design allows for multiple grip options, including a hammer grip and tricep bar, while handling up to 1000lbs.
Ez Curl Bar: The Olympic Curl bar is designed to develop your biceps, forearms and your upper arm muscles by increasing strength, mass and definition. weighing 7.4kg and with a curved bar design to make the movement more comfortable and keep your arms in the correct position to get the most out of the movement.
Safety Squat bar: The safety squat bar offers a unique design that is engineered with safety and form in mind, this bar helps you to work harder keeping your shoulders and lower back safe through every rep. Weighing 21kg with a 700lb weight rating.
Tricep Bar: This smaller bar is designed to target your triceps like other bars won't, with handle placement to activate the triceps in your movements.
Light Weight Bar: A light weight bar provides a smaller lighter bar to make it easier to pump out movements in high intensity bursts rather than by lifting heavy weights. With a cushioned bar and a set of plates that come with it totaling 20kg in weight.